This is the start to a series of recipes from Links House, allowing you to experience the delights of our kitchens and bars, in the comfort of your own home!
We are all starting to rummage through our cupboards and larders to find things we can use up and we begin to find items that have been sat there for years.
We are providing the recipe to a delicious little treat, that allows you to use up some of those leftover fruits, vegetables and spices in your cupboard that are rarely brought to light!
Chris’s Delicious Carrot Cake
Plain flour – 270g
Baking powder – 5g
Cinnamon – 6g
Carrots – 360g
Sugar – 180g
Veg oil – 260g
Nuts – 75g (ideally walnuts but any will suffice)
Mixed fruit – 120g (sultanas, currant or raisins any will be sufficient)
Eggs – 5
Orange zest – 1 (optional)
Desiccated coconut – 50g (optional)
1. Mix the eggs and oil in a food processor until well blended.
2. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Grate the carrot and squeeze out any excess water.
4. Fold the grated carrot through the mix.
5. Place mix in a floured loaf tin.
6. Bake on 160° for 35-40 mins
7. Serve with grated orange zest or Desiccated coconut
We hope you enjoy and that you send in pictures of your completed cake!